Re: [orca-list] Orca does not speak all submenus correcty

On 23/04/07, hermann <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de> wrote:
Hi,
when I press Alt+F1 and then cursor left to enter the system menu, I
observe a strange phenomenon:
there are some things which I observed as well.
When I land on the settings and the administration menu, the menu title
is not spoken. Instead the menu opens and I get placed at a menu point:
In settings it's the mouse settings, and in the admin menu it's the
software channel. Pressing cursor right, opens the menu correctly.
Did anyone experience a similar thing?
yes I did, but it was only after just installing feisty.  after that
when I updated that system on my laptop, I don't have such problems
any more.
I however have a slightly different problem.
when I start the computer the voice is very scratchy and the words are
not spoken correctly.  this happens in particular in menus.
for example the system menu is called "ystem" and places statters and
what comes out is "laces".
same thing happens when I use open office word processor.  some times
the words are broken.
the speach statters, and I don't find any logic behind that.
I can't navigate spreadsheets properly.
regards.
Krishnakant.