Re: [orca-list] Does .orbitrc work?

I found the .orbitrc thing to do nothing either. The most I've gotten is for it to say "loading gtk accessibility module" and then the program you run crashes.

----- Original Message ----- From: "hermann" <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 6:27 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Does .orbitrc work?

Hi,
in order to use Orca with admin rights, there has been recommended to
create a file named .orbitrc in the root directory.
This should make Orca speak in admin environment. I experienced that it
doesn't.
When I want to change my network configuration, I've to enter my user
password in order to get access. When I do this, Orca locks up. I
figured out, that entering
killall gksu
as root solves the problem. Orca comes back and the network dialog is
still there.
I guess that's not intended.
Is there a fix for this?
Hermann