Re: [orca-list] Broken feature: SayAll

Halim Sahin wrote:
Tag Hermann,
On Mo, Apr 16, 2007 at 04:57:25 +0200, Hermann wrote:
I can reproduce Halim's problem when I use Orca with Speech-Dispatcher. The

I could do it when I use gnomespeech!

I proposed a (rude) fix which is now available in eSpeak 1.22 . The fix
needs more work for working whichever the machine.

For info, the espeak gnomespeech driver uses Alsa if PortAudio v19 is
installed. But v19 is still in development and could lead to
instability.

This said, I think that Speech-dispatcher has its own advantages which
are beyond an Alsa compatibility.

Best regards,

Gilles

--