[orca-list] alt-tab popups are not spoken as they pop up

If I press alt-tab and hold down the alt key I can't hear the
application I will be switching to. If I keep the alt key pressed and
hit the tab key subsequent times, I hear the applications cycling. But
the first time the application isn't spoken. The same happens when
switching workspaces. Only the second and subsequent workspaces are
spoken and the first is silent. This seems to be new in 2.18. Is this a
bug or is it somehow intentional? Is there a way to revert back to the
original behaviour if desired?

Thanks for any help,
Lorenzo
--
I've always found anomalies to be very relaxing. It's a curse.
--Jadzia Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine (The Assignment)