Re: [orca-list] Broken feature: SayAll

Hi all.

I just committed a patch which restores the functionality that was broken. Now textLines() tries TEXT_BOUNDARY_SENTENCE_END and if it gets absolutely nothing in response, it falls back on the old TEXT_BOUNDARY_LINE_START that we were using. What this means is that some applications, such as gnome-terminal (and thus w3m), will once again have a functional sayAll but will speak things by line and need special handling added to have sayAll by sentence. Gedit, Evolution, and OpenOffice.org will speak things by sentence though. As for Firefox, that was broken before so it's broken still. I'm in the process of getting a working sayAll completed for Firefox. It will read by sentence. Stay tuned!

Joanie