Re: [orca-list] Broken feature: SayAll

hermann wrote:
in the very latest Orca you've changed the SayAll feature to "read
sentence". Good idea, but why does it only work in Gedit, OO-Writer and
Evolution? Was it neccessary to abolish it for all other apps? I wanted
to read my daily newspaper this morning, no chance. I have to read each
article line by line.

In order to implement the SayAll "read sentence" feature, three things changed:

1/ Special code was added to the gedit script for sayAll.

2/ Special code was added to the Evolution script for sayAll.

3/ A one line change was made to the sayAll functionality in default.py.

Specifically, the line:

                   atspi.Accessibility.TEXT_BOUNDARY_LINE_START)

at about line 4445 (in the textLines method) was changed to:

                   atspi.Accessibility.TEXT_BOUNDARY_SENTENCE_END)

It looks like you are getting bitten by this last change. Does w3m run in
gnome-terminal? If so, try changing that single line in default.py back the
way it was and see if it fixes it.

If it does, it looks like gnome-terminal doesn't know how to "read sentences"
and we'll have to decide how best to handle that.