[orca-list] FW: orcasuddenly doesn't speak

Hi Will and all

Would it be possible to re-write the installing / upgrading Orca page to
presume no previous Linux / Solaris knowledge?

I am quite a competent Windows user and self taught programmer, but Linux is
just that little bit too different to make me feel comfortable with what has
to be done to do the upgrades to install either the latest "safe" Orca or
eSpeak and drivers etc, and in what order.

As an example, from the help pages you have a link to the ftp site, but no
aid in using a specific text browser to get to the download site to get the
source code or what to do with it afterwards.  I understand that to read the
page we must have a browser, but as Mike shows it may not be on a Linux
system.

Apologies for the winge.

To an aside, I'd like to thank Herman for his off list help, although I
still haven't managed to get w3m to work properly yet!

Of course, the easiest and simplest way would be for the distro, Ubuntu in
my case too, to add the upgrade into their package management system so we
didn't have to do the manual intervention, but nevertheless a challenge a
day keeps the doctor away, or something similar.

Ian