[orca-list] Getting orca to speak

Hello,

I can’t seem to get orca to speak. I’ve decided to check out ubuntu.  Once I burned the image to a cd, I rebooted my computer. Then once the cd has stopped spinning, I pressed f5, 3, and then enter twice. After that nothing happened.

Another thing I did is booting up ubuntu from the cd without going to the accessibility menu. Once I heard the start up sound, I pressed alt f2, typed in orca and press enter.  After that nothing happened.  Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks