Re: [orca-list] orcasuddenly doesn't speak

Hi Mike:

The Ubuntu folks are very good about making the announced releases of Orca available in a very timely manner. As such, just updating Ubuntu will usually get you the latest announced Orca release.

As for nightly builds of Orca, we've basically taken the approach that you should just build it from source. One reason for this is that we're not fully resourced to create nightly builds for Solaris, Ubuntu, and Fedora. Once you get your build environment up and running, the download/build/install process via Orca sources typically takes less than a minute.

For this particular instance, you might try reinstalling Feisty. If you can get some sighted assistance, though, I think you might save time by just getting your build environment set up. Did you save the autogen errors? There may be something I missed when writing up the notes for Ubuntu, and it would be great to get it fixed.

Thanks!

Will

Mike Reiser wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have access to emaxspeak and don't know how to use it, nor a concel or SSH. When I tried to build it from source like you suggested I got a bunch of .autogen errors. Have you considered putting orca in a binary file like a .deb file so that those of us that are linux novices could just install it and be up and running? Smiles. Also it would be nice if there was an auto-update feature in orca like in ubuntu. So, since I can't SSH into my linux due to it being dool booting with windows, is there a quick way I can get orca up and running or should I just do a clean install of feisty? Thanks for your help,

Mike
aim screen name: chrchmiker.

MSN screen name: miker1988 cox net
Skype name: miker1988.