Re: [orca-list] orcasuddenly doesn't speak

Hi Mike:

Bummer! Do you have any other means to access at least a virtual console (e.g., brltty or emacspeak)? Or, can you telnet/ssh into the machine from a different machine?

I suspect all you need to do is get a successful build/install of Orca going and things will work OK. Did you run into issues when you were building/installing Orca?

Will

PS - the main reason for deleting the gnome-orca package is so the update manager will not get confused. I've adjusted the WIKI to kind of play the importance of this down a little bit, and adjusted the recommendation to do the removal only after you've successfully build/installed Orca from sources. Sorry for the trouble!

Mike Reiser wrote:
Hello all,
This morning when I booted into ubuntu, orca just suddenly would not come up or speak. I can't remember what the last thing I did on the system was, except maybe remove the gnome-orca package as it said on the site to build the orca inviornment. Is there a way I can just remove ubuntu and re-install it so I can reset everything back to the way they were? I'm using windows at the moment, thus I'm able to write this message. Thanks, Mike aim screen name: chrchmiker. MSN screen name: miker1988 cox net <mailto:miker1988 cox net>. Skype name: miker1988. xanga site: http://www.xanga.com/metalhead1009000