Re: [orca-list] speech lost in Orca-2.1.9

Hi Igor:

I've been trying to reproduce this, and what I'm running into is that I cannot seem to switch back to X (Alt+F7) once I've switched to a virtual console via Ctrl+Alt+F1. This is not good, and it seems to happen regardless of whether Orca is running or not. In addition, I cannot even get back to the virtual console to type any commands. My only recourse at that point is to reboot. :-(

I have a patchwork system right now, though, consisting of various things built from source and other non-standard stuff (e.g., an nVidia driver). I'll probably reinstall Feisty from a nightly soon and see if I can reproduce the problem again.

In the meantime, if you run "DISPLAY=:0 orca" from a virtual console, do things come back to life for you?

Will