Orca orca does not speak toggling of font attributes in openoffice.

hello,
one problem solved and other has started.
I got my prievious problem of orca not speaking in terminal solved.
I was just testing orca with openoffice writer.
I am trying to press control b for bold.  the selected text gets
bolded but orca does not respond bold on or bold off.
same goes with font changes.
what could be the problem?
do we need to adjust some thing different for office?
my accessibility is working fine and now I get almost all applications
going well.
as an aside note to this, I discovered that when I am reading document
from start to end with the num pad + I am getting line brakes in
reading instead of sentence break.
I mean the voice stops at the end of line and then resumes on the next
line.  this is good for programmers but not for reading normal
documents.
thanks all.
Krishnakant.