Re: Orca Announcing v1.0.0

Willie Walker wrote:

Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader

Yea, and I want to say a big THANK YOU to all people who are working
hard on making the Linux desktop environments accessible for the blind
and visually impaired.

My congratulations for this Orca 1.0 release!

* PDF Document Accessibility: the Orca team is working with Adobe to
  identify and fix accessibility issues with the Adobe Acrobat Reader.

What about making XPDF accessible? I would prefer to read PDF documents
with an open source application like XPDF instead of using the closed source
acrobat reader.

Except for the document content, Xpdf seems quite accessible with orca.

 Henning