Orca question regarding installing orca on a new dapper box

hello,
I have newly installed ubuntu 6.06.1 (dapper) on a 1.5 ghz with 256 mb
sd ram.  now firstly I am not been able to download edgy cd from the
server.
I had previously downloaded edgy cd but it did not boot.  it says
can't find the kernel image.
any ways if I get the cd again I will certainly use it.
but I want to use orca on my ubuntu desktop.
now what I am asking is that when I don't have internet I will need to
know what dependencies I need to download for orca?
I had previously tried installing orca but I had just downloaded orca
and it did not work.  I believe python is not installed on ubuntu
desktop by default in dapper?  is that right?
if yes then what else I need to download?
secondly, I read on this mailing list that openoffice 2 does not
depend on java access bridge for accessibility.
if that is so then how I make openoffice accessible with orca on
ubuntu 6.06 (dapper)? do I still need to install java?  I have the
official .bin java installation file downloaded from the official java
website.
next is which version of firefox I must download and use?
do i need to compile it or will I get a .deb package?
and yes, I am trying to use the gcc and related build packages for my
ubuntu desktop for quite some time.
I have seen that there are packages for gcc and related things on the
ubuntu cd.  how can I install these packages?
thanks,
Krishnakant.