Re: Orca Speech Dispatcher and (was Re: new user with a few questions)

Willie Walker wrote:
Another ideal, btw, would be to have such a speech system available as
early in the boot process as possible.

Hmmm... Are you thinking of a type of system service which can be
started when services like ftp, apache, etc get started and launch a
speech system? That would be kind of interesting and would be awesome.

It'd be great.  I've never looked into it in detail, but I think the
Speakup work being done by Kirk Reiser and Andy Berdan
(http://www.linux-speakup.org/speakup.html) seems like it may be
something worth looking at.

Will