Re: Orca Spoken boot
- From: Tomas Cerha <cerha brailcom org>
- To: Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik ubuntu com>
- Cc: Orca screen reader developers <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Orca Spoken boot
- Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:20:23 +0200
Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
Another ideal, btw, would be to have such a speech system available as
early in the boot process as possible.
Hmmm... Are you thinking of a type of system service which can be
started when services like ftp, apache, etc get started and launch a
speech system? That would be kind of interesting and would be awesome.
A bit like this really: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpokenBoot
We won't make it for Edgy though. Looking like Edgy+1.
Well, Speech Dispatcher is started by init (as well as other services
such as apache etc.). This is, however, far from having a speech
enabled boot process, since these services are started at the very end
of booting. This is the playground for Speakup, but you can't rely on
any user-space speech synthesis system.
Best regards, Tomas.
] [Thread Prev