Re: Orca manually starting orca and related problem

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Actually, that *is* what happens.  But it only happens when you have a
live CD where the accessible install is functioning.   <smile> It seems
that this functionality is broken or missing in some of the mirrored CD
images.  I have just verified that the image Henrik referenced yesterday
does work:
http://se.releases.ubuntu.com/edgy/ubuntu-6.10-desktop-i386.iso

Right, I think the confusion has arisen because we were encouraging people to test pre-release versions (which did help us iron out various issues, thanks!).

I have certainly posted links to http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/... several times. I guess people find these in the archives and use them still.

Those will always only be unstable versions, and in fact Feisty Fawn should start appearing there in a few weeks (not recommended at this point).

The final releases are mirrored on many different servers, which all have the word 'releases' in the name. http://se.releases.ubuntu.com/edgy/ is an example.

Sorry for any confusion caused!

Henrik