-----Mensaje original-----
De: orca-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] En nombre de Mike Pedersen
Enviado el: miércoles, 15 de noviembre de 2006 22:56
Para: Luke Yelavich
CC: Orca screen reader developers
Asunto: Re: Orca A comment about the laptop keyboard commands.

Hi Luke,
The one thing I am concerned about, is the double press of keys to
move
around, for example U to move to the previous line, and
double press to
go to the top. I personally would find this awkward to work
with, as I
have a tendancy to quickly skim over several lines of text
to find what
I am looking for, which is possible with speech. This would
mean I would
have to move up/down line by line a lot slower than I would
normally.

For such keystrokes, may I suggest something like Capslock
+ Control +
Y? You already use control for the reload user settings
shortcut, so why
not for navigation purposes?
Great idea (smile)  Yesterday we realized that the double
press was going to be a problem and decided to do more or
less exactly what you suggest.  I just haven't updated the
web site yet.  I'll do that this afternoon.
thanks much
Mike