Re: Orca Dependencies Question

Further on the issue of building rpms, working with a checkout from CVS
over the weekend ...

orca-0.2.4, released yesterday, has even later stuff.  :-)

I see three issues:

I saw you mention 2.  Is there a third?  :-)

1.)   Package names differ on Fedora for whatever reason. I've
adjusted, and I'm fairly certain I've done so correctly. My resulting
orca.spec file is attached. It builds but does not install--see below.

I'm going to hazard a guess that one needs to create a spec file
specific for each platform and the one we provide is only a sample to
draw from.  I'm not really sure, though.  But, if you actually manage
get one working, we can make your file for Fedora be the sample as long
as it lists the appropriate dependencies.

2.)   The error on installation is strange--and may be an rpm error of
some kind--I don't know precisely. The complaint is that python(abi)-2.4
is missing, yet it clearly shows as installed with

rpm -q --whatprovides "python(abi)"

PS: python(abi) is provided by python-2.4 rpm.

Darn.  I don't have a Fedora machine to check how they've organized
their packages.  :-(  Asking on their list seems like a good thing to
do, though.

Thanks for your energy on this!

Will