Orca gaim buddylist issue

Hi all,

  Something very annoying keeps happening in gaim. If I were to kill
gaim while it is running, then launch it again, the buddylist appears
for a split second and then disappears, but I still hear the boises from
people coming online and offline. I can even receive ims and send them
but I can not get focus or even locate the buddylist. I can't alt tab to
it, and I didn't see it in any other work spaces. so when I kill gaim
again, I see the buddy list again for another split second. even after a
reboot same thing. What the heck is going on?

Cody