Re: Orca "Strange text" has gone, but other problems arrived

I succeeded in removing that text spoken by the synth when placing the
cursor on the icon of my Windows hard drive. That very same text was spoken
when I open a text file with gedit and then press numpad-plus to entirely
read it.
I changed
~/orca-2.17.3/po/de.po
by commenting out this text, recompile and restart Orca.

I'm hoping this is fixed in GNOME CVS HEAD, which will find its way into
Orca v2.17.4 in a little over a week.  Can you try make line 632 in
gnomespeechfactory.py do the following (it used to have _("") instead of
""):

            oldText = oldText.replace("\n", "", 1)

This should hopefully fix the problem.  If it doesn't we need to know so
we can keep working on it.

Now that "strange text" has gone, but now I cannot read the whole document
in gedit; pressing numpad-plus reads the actual cursor line.

I just tried this in gedit using Orca from GNOME CVS HEAD and cannot
reproduce the problem.  Can you send the text file that you're look at
in gedit?  In addition, which synthesis engine are you using?

Will