Re: Orca OT: Is LSR working with Ubuntu

Hermann wrote:
Hi to all,
yesterday I tried installing LSR:
http://live.gnome.org/LSR
In the Getting Started section of the documentation there were mentioned a lot of packages required for working with LSR. A few of them certainly come with Ubuntu to work with Orca (gnome-common, desk-top-file-utils, python at-spi). Unfortunately I cannot find the others. Aptitude as well as apt-get report that they don't exist or have no references.
The manual always refers to a Fedora machine.
Is there a chance to get LSR to work or should I forget about it?

Slightly off-topic here yes :) Let's continue this on the ubuntu access list.

Luke has packaged LSR for Ubuntu universe. So if you are running 6.10 (Edgy) and have universe enabled you should be able to just install it directly. 'apt-get install lsr' (or synaptic) should install lsr band all its dependencies.

I've tried it here and it works fine.

Henrik