Re: Orca patches from Ubuntu

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 09:40 -0800, Rich Burridge wrote:
Calum Benson wrote:
So sorry for taking two months to follow up on this :/  I see the bug is
now closed, but to comment specifically on the HIG's advice here:

- The HIG does indeed say that Cancel should undo *everything* since
you've opened the dialog, even if you've clicked Apply in the meantime.
This was intentional, so that you always have a "get out clause".  But
this behaviour certainly is different from MS Windows' interpretation of
"Apply", and as such, I'm not sure whether it's either (a) what users
might expect/want, or (b) something that any other GNOME developer has
actually ever noticed and implemented before.

Okay. Thanks for clarifying that. I've just made the following change to
Orca:

Cool.  Will be interesting to see if anyone complains that it's
broken :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group