Re: Orca patches from Ubuntu

Calum Benson wrote:
So sorry for taking two months to follow up on this :/  I see the bug is
now closed, but to comment specifically on the HIG's advice here:

- The HIG does indeed say that Cancel should undo *everything* since
you've opened the dialog, even if you've clicked Apply in the meantime.
This was intentional, so that you always have a "get out clause".  But
this behaviour certainly is different from MS Windows' interpretation of
"Apply", and as such, I'm not sure whether it's either (a) what users
might expect/want, or (b) something that any other GNOME developer has
actually ever noticed and implemented before.

Okay. Thanks for clarifying that. I've just made the following change to Orca:

       * src/orca/orca_gui_prefs.py:
         In the callback for the Cancel button on the Orca Preferences
         window, the code has been adjusted to destroy that window, so
         that the next time the user displays the Preferences dialog,
         all of the settings will reflect the current running state
         rather than how the user left the GUI components before hitting
         the Cancel button.

This should show up in Orca v2.17.3, some time next week.