Re: Orca numlock signal in orca

MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
I don't know if it is because I have a numeric pad, because I have a fairly old version of Orca or both but there doesn't seem to be a signal to tell the user when Numlock is on or off. Has this problem been rectified in a later version of Orca so Orca announces Numlock off when it is off etc?

No, this is still a problem. It's at able line 593 in orca.py and the following
chunk of code is currently commented out:

               # [[[TODO: richb - we are not getting a correct modifier
               # state value returned when Num Lock is turned off.
               # Commenting out the speaking of the bogus on/off state
               # until this can be fixed.]]]
               #
               #if modifiers & (1 << atspi.Accessibility.MODIFIER_NUMLOCK):
               #    event_string += _(" off")
               #else:
               #    event_string += _(" on")