Re: Orca Speech Dispatcher and (was Re: new user with a few questions)

Willie Walker wrote:
I think we can easily get the code into Orca, much like we have done
with Emacspeak, but there are bigger issues I'd like to think about,
such as: should Speech Dispatcher replace gnome-speech?  Should Speech
Dispatcher become part of GNOME?  What would doing this mean?  Who will
support it?  Will we get all the functionality we need?

I definitely understand, but it would be really practical to have it
included right now to simplify testing and further development.

All in all, it's just the one line change in settings.py which would
help a lot and afaik, would not break anything.

In addition, I think there still may be a missing feature or two that we
need.  One of them includes knowing what is being spoken when so we can
do things such as highlight what is being spoken and reposition the
caret when the user interrupts speech.

Well, which piece of software doesn't miss a feature or two? ...

Best regards, Tomas.