Re: Orca 0.2.3

Janina Sajka wrote:

I believe those two environments rely on "gui
configuration tools," so I am not surprised people would talk about
wanting "gui configuration tools." But, it's the wrong approach.

Hello. I wouldn't go as far to say it is the wrong approach, but I do believe it should not be the only means of configuration. There will be those Windows converts who's major gripe with Linux and other gnu operating systems is there is not enough gui configuration. There are the console die-hards that absolutely want the power of the console. The only medium between the two extremes is to provide both methods of configuration. We must remember a console die-hard can't convert a gui die-hard to a console die-hard and the other way around. So providing both I feel is the best solution here. One last point Janina's point of view generally stems from the contention if the gui isn't properly configured for access then the console must be used. This is true. However, if the gui is working with accessibility then there is nothing saying the gui screen reader like Orca can't be used to do configurations in a gui environment, and gui tools can be used.