Re: getting ORBit examples to work across the network

Thanks for the replies guys,

So I figured out that the issue is with the way that the hostname is obtained: The command "/bin/hostname" on both of the machines that Im running simply return the machines name (i.e. machine-x) and this is what is used in the ior file, when i manually change the machines name to its IP address this issue is resolved since "/bin/hostname" then returns the IP address. Although this works it seems like a hack and Im sure there is a better way of doing it, any suggestions?
 Jules, I dont really know how to set the ORB_init option to use "ipaddr" since it doesnt seem to be doing it automatically. Thanks alot!!

Amir

On Feb 5, 2008 1:27 AM, Jules Colding <colding 42tools com> wrote:

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 16:03 +0800, Kuang-Chun Cheng wrote:
> Hi Amir,
>
> Make sure your client can see server by hostname.  Two hosts connected
> OK by IP address is not enough for ORBit2, AFAIK.

It is:

2005-07-25  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

       * src/orb/orb-core/corba-orb.c: Added new ORB_init option, ORBNetID.
       Valid values for a hypothetical local host (FQDN:thor.test.com, IP:10.0.3.2):
          "local": all attempts to resolve the local host will be done using "localhost"
          "short": all attempts to resolve the local host will be done using "thor".
          "fqdn" : all attempts to resolve the local host will be done using "thor.test.com".
          "ipaddr: all attempts to resolve the local host will be done using "10.0.3.2".
       The new option will be evaluated after ORBLocalOnly but ORBLocalOnly will always take
       precedence.

Best regards,
 jules