Re: getting ORBit examples to work across the network

Hi Amir,

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 18:39 -0800, Amir Afrah wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to get the simple example of
> echo-server/echo-client to work on 2 machines on the network but Ive
> had no luck for almost 2 days, I can run both server and client on a
> single machine but when i place the client on a different machine I
> get the following error massage:
>
> ** ERROR **: service raised exception :
> IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
>
> I have been searching on google and the only issue that is ever
> brought up is that IIOP over IP server sockets in default setting and
> there is 2 methods to change that setting 1) by adding ORBIIOPIPv4=1
> in /etc/orbitrc or ~/.orbitrc 2) by adding --ORBIIOPIPv4=1 to command
> line. I have tried both of these extensively and no luck, any help
> regarding this would be greatly appriciated.

I just need to give the client a reference to the server. You can do
this by stringifying the server object, put the ior in a text file and
feed this to the client.

There are more elegant methods (corbaloc) but something like the above
should be relatively easy to set up.

HTH,
  jules