getting ORBit examples to work across the network

Hi all,

I have been trying to get the simple example of echo-server/echo-client to work on 2 machines on the network but Ive had no luck for almost 2 days, I can run both server and client on a single machine but when i place the client on a different machine I get the following error massage:

** ERROR **: service raised exception : IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

I have been searching on google and the only issue that is ever brought up is that IIOP over IP server sockets in default setting and there is 2 methods to change that setting 1) by adding ORBIIOPIPv4=1 in /etc/orbitrc or ~/.orbitrc 2) by adding --ORBIIOPIPv4=1 to command line. I have tried both of these extensively and no luck, any help regarding this would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!