Re: Client Callback

Jules Colding wrote:
On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 10:00 +0100, werner wrote:

Jules Colding wrote:

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 09:28 +0100, werner wrote:

Dear Mailinglist!

I am a orbit newbie. I would like to know if there is some client
callback mechanism. I know that the event service is not implemented
yet. Is there some workaround to make a callback to the client from the
server?

Just hand the server a call back reference to an object in the client.

HTH,
  jules

OK, that's good news. Does this work through a firewall? It should
work if the connection that is opened by the client stays open and is
used for the callback by the server. Is that  possible?

Generally not without an IIOP firewall(*). You might be able to pull it
of using BiDir GIOP but I've never investigate if ORBit2 supports BiDir
GIOP...

Best regards,
  jules

(*) We (OMC) are in the process of developing an IIOP firewall to be
released under the GPL. It will be named Lorica. Stay tuned.

OK. Thanks again!

Regards
Werner