Re: Client Callback

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 10:00 +0100, werner wrote:
> Jules Colding wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 09:28 +0100, werner wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Mailinglist!
> > >
> > > I am a orbit newbie. I would like to know if there is some client
> > > callback mechanism. I know that the event service is not implemented
> > > yet. Is there some workaround to make a callback to the client from the
> > > server?
> > >

> > Just hand the server a call back reference to an object in the client.
> >
> > HTH,
> >   jules
> >

> OK, that's good news. Does this work through a firewall? It should
> work if the connection that is opened by the client stays open and is
> used for the callback by the server. Is that  possible?

Generally not without an IIOP firewall(*). You might be able to pull it
of using BiDir GIOP but I've never investigate if ORBit2 supports BiDir
GIOP...

Best regards,
  jules

(*) We (OMC) are in the process of developing an IIOP firewall to be
released under the GPL. It will be named Lorica. Stay tuned.