Re: only superuser can make the connection ...

Hi,

Sorry for my last statement ... turn off ORBIIPOUNIX does work :-)

If I run ORBit2-2.14.0 server as root, and want to allow client which run
as regular user to connect to server from the same host, I must
only use ORBIIOPIPv4 (or v6 which I did not test).   Use ORBIIOPUNIX
will cause "permission deny" when low level API connect() had been called.

I think this new policy is OK, but why not try ORBIIOPUNIX first, and
if it doesn't work,  try ORBIIOPIPv4, then ORBIIOPIPv6 ... until one of
them success or all failed ...

Regards
KC