Re: only superuser can make the connection ...

Hi,

I did some source code study and found the problem comes
from function ORBit_object_get_connection() in
$ORBIT_SRC/src/orb/orb-core/corba-object.c

There is a if command:

            if (unix_socket_failed && ipv4_ipv6_enabled && is_localhost (host))
                   continue;

If server is run as root and client is run as regular user, the
above condition will be true and ORBit_object_get_connect() will return NULL.

I also found ChangeLog of ORBit2-2.14.0:

    2005-04-14  Arvind Samptur  <arvind samptur wipro com>

    * src/orb/orb-core/corba-object.c :
    (ORBit_object_get_connection): if we have failed on the unix
    socket, have IPv4 or IPv6 connections enabled and are on localhost,
    then don't connect on the corresponding port from the profiles.
    Patch reviewed by Michael Meeks.

Which may introduce the problem I got.

I need to run my ORBit2 server application as root (it's a daemon program),
and allow client run as regular user to connect the services ... How can
I solve the problem ?

So far I only find this problem on ORBit2-2.14.0.

Regards
KC