-----Original Message-----
From: orbitcpp-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:orbitcpp-list-bounces gnome org]On Behalf Of Bowie Owens
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 8:07 PM
To: Bo Li
Cc: orbit; orbitcpp-list
Subject: Re: [orbit] C++ Mapping

Bo Li wrote:

>A few months ago, I was trying to use Orbit C++ mapping
>to implement a CORBA server for our project. After spending
>some time evaluating Orbitcpp, I eventually gave up and
>moved on to use the C interface. The main problem was that
>almost none of the interfaces such as ServantLocator and
>ServantManager in PortableServer was implemented. This made
>it impossible to build a reasonable CORBA server.

Do you happen to still have the C++ code lying around somewhere? Are you
able to let me have it as a test program for orbitcpp? I've just added
support for ServantActivator, ServantLocator, and
POA::set_servant_manager() to orbitcpp. It is still pretty rough around
the edges and it definitely needs to be tested. Before I spend time
writing test code I thought I'd ask if you could send me your code. It'd
be most appreciated.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au