Re: orbhttp.[ch] missing from the 2.9.6 and 2.9.7 tarballs

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 16:14, Richard Dawe wrote:
> > 	Right; the problem is that that code is pretty close to an abomination
> > - so I'm happy to see it die really.
>
> I got that impression from the comments in corba-orb.c and orbhttp.c. ;)

	:-)

> I don't need it. I was just looking at adding support for file:// URLs
> for IORs. Maybe they're already supported. Anyhow I wanted to look at
> the source for orb_http_resolve (called by CORBA_ORB_string_to_object),
> to check that it didn't handle file:// URLs.

	Oh; cool - well, I'd be most happy to get a small patch that
implemented the file:// URI scheme - there are some glib URI helpers I
think that should make this suitably easy (I hope).

	It's the blocking http:// stuff with fixed length buffers etc. that I
don't like :-)

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot