Re: ORBit2 Naming Service.

Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 12:50, Chris Wareham wrote:
>
>>I'll try reenabling it in Makefile.am and see if it still works. If
>>Michael Meeks is reading this, can you shed any light on why the name
>>server was disabled?
>
> 	We don't use them in Gnome; I'm not convinced they are that usable /
> bug free. Also - for Solaris (Debian etc.) it is necessary to have a man
> page for every installed binary - and we don't have one.

It's a shame that they've fallen by the wayside, but if they're
superfluous for GNOME then that's fair enough. As suggested in one of
your other posts, I'll take a look at the bonobo-activation code and see
if I can make my server act as its own name service.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
chris.wareham@btopenworld.com (home)