Re: Reenablling the orbit-name-server-2 daemon

Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 13:29, Chris Wareham wrote:
>
>>Unless I'm missing something, ORBit2 cannot function as a CORBA server
>>using CosNaming stuff without the name server. If so, could someone
>>reinstate that building and installation of orbit-name-server-2?
>

> 	What are you expecting the name server to do for you ? what application
> are you targetting this at ? are you sure bonobo-activation is not the
> solution for you ? are you even sure that you really want to use the
> name service [ the API is grotesque, at least from C ].

The API is a little bit grotesque, but I'm not sure bonobo-activation is
the answer for what I'm trying to do. I understood that
bonobo-activation would only work if the two processes (client and
server) were on the same machine, whereas my server application will be
serving numerous clients on remote machines. If I'm wrong then please
let me know, and I'll take a look at the bonobo-activation docs.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
chris.wareham@btopenworld.com (home)