Re: Using ORBit2 for telco services

Hi Sergei,

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 16:48, Sergei Naumov wrote:
> We are a cellular company that is in the process of integrating all
> kinds of network services. For someone interested in the subject, one
> could look at Parlay/OSA, JAIN, etc.

	Sounds fun.

> Anyway, we have a few services that we want to expose their API via
> CORBA, for it would be easier to integrate them under an OSA umbrella.
> ORBit2 seems to be a good candidate for this, as it is GPL, blah, blah.

	LGPL :-) but yes; deployment wise we do quite well IMHO.

> My question is on whether anyone actually tested ORBit in a heavy
> server environments? Say, like a few hundred calls a second. Does it
> behave well under those conditions?

	A few hundred calls per second is not a problem; one problem is that
ORBit2 is not multi-threaded; that's a pretty serious problem for
hard-core deployment. However - the multi-threading support is vastly
improved in the HEAD linc/ORBit2 - due for release in ~4 months or so.

	HTH,