Re: glib / CORBA integration examples ...

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 05:36, Sam Couter wrote:
> Which reminds me... Where does ORBit do whatever it needs to do in order
> to guarantee that all memory allocations are aligned to two-byte
> boundaries?

	Havn't hit that problem yet I suppose - in a nutshell :-) I imagine we
can trivially use 2 byte offsets on those platforms; system memory will
need to be at least 4 byte aligned on those platforms.

	So far it hasn't been a problem.

> Depending on the allocator and hardware alignment
> restrictions, this is not always true. Things break rather badly when a
> string is freed using a bogus smart allocation header.

	Have you actually seen that ? if so, we need an autoconf check for such
architectures and a little magic in the smart allocator.