glib / CORBA integration examples ...

So; just to get some of this out of my HEAD;

	If we can change the glib / CORBA ABIs/APIs here's what I'd like to do
as an example:

struct _GRealArray {              struct _CORBA_sequence_base {
  guint8 *data;                     gpointer _buffer;
  gulong  len;                      CORBA_unsigned_long _length;
  gulong  alloc;                    CORBA_unsigned_long _maximum;
  guint   elt_size;               ...
  guint   zero_terminated : 1;    };
  guint   clear : 1;
};

	So we can cast between a sequence and a GArray - and of course, use all
the glib helpers for manipulating them.

	Clearly - the 'smart allocation', that CORBA needs, would be beneficial
to glib users I imagine [ Tim ? ], a sticking point might be strings
there - we currently offset the pointer to tag it as a string, rather
than using a full smart header to save space there; can glib accept a
'wasted' byte per string ? etc.

	Of course - the real sticking point would be expanding the glib type
system to cope with the wealth of types that CORBA needs to express,
structures, unions etc. but that's not insurmountable either.

	Anyway; just so my pipe-dream is better expressed,