Re: GEP 5: New Object Adaptor for ORBit2

Hi Havoc,

On 5 Sep 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (Should set Reply-To on these starts to GEP threads, so we don't get
> mega-crosspost-spam)
>
> I would be really really dubious about massive swapping out of the
> libbonobo implementation in the 2.2 timeframe. My suggestion would be
> to add this feature to ORBit for some apps to play with in 2.2, and
> then look at using it pervasively in the 2.4 or 3.0 timeframe.

	Yeah, I agree. What I suggest is that a GServant based version
of BonoboObject be made available for anyone who wants to use it, but
that the rest of bonobo continue to use BonoboObject probably until
3.0 (unless there actually is a way to do the swap compatibly - which
I'm still very dubious about - in which case the swap could happen in
2.4).

Cheers,
Mark.