Re: cpp: World duly helloed
- From: murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming)
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: orbitcpp-list <orbitcpp-list lists sourceforge net>,orbit-list <orbit-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: cpp: World duly helloed
- Date: 11 Mar 2002 11:48:56 +0100
On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 11:05, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Murray,
> On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 19:59, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I guess that you meant stubs, not skels. If so:
> > We use the stub reference in the _this() method, which you can see in
> > the generated example code. I checked this here:
> Grief; you mean that if you call servant.this () you get a client side
> handle to that servant ? that sounds like a recepie for disaster. What
> if there are multiple possible handles to the same servant ? how does it
> interact with the innumerable POA tricks you can pull ? what about for a
> de-activated servant ?
> It seems strange to me that that should be the case, but perhaps I'm
> missing something. It would seem to me that having _this produce a
> client reference is somewhat strange, but I havn't read the C++ spec.
Maybe you could reply to that newsgroup post. You have a better
understanding of this than me.
] [Thread Prev