Re: cpp: World duly helloed
- From: Alex Hornby <alex anvil co uk>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: murrayc usa net,orbitcpp-list <orbitcpp-list lists sourceforge net>,orbit <orbit-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: cpp: World duly helloed
- Date: 11 Mar 2002 10:32:27 +0000
On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 10:05, Michael Meeks wrote:
> It seems strange to me that that should be the case, but perhaps I'm
> missing something. It would seem to me that having _this produce a
> client reference is somewhat strange, but I havn't read the C++ spec.
That's how it is :) The _this() method activates the object on the root
POA (if not already activated) and returns a reference to it.
This is covered in Henning & Vinoski, which is IHMO essential reading if
working with CORBA & C++.
In fact its probably also a good read for people working on the C
bindings as it gives good descriptions of the POA features needed for
the evictor pattern, which is the sanest way to do distributed object
lifetime management I've come across.
] [Thread Prev