Re: cpp: World duly helloed

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 23:26, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 23:46, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > The example is a slightly modified version of the one from the
> > orbitcpp-examples package, but I found it necessary to link the stubs as
> > well as the skels in with the server. I believe that this might be
> > normal practice.
>
> 	Really great news ! I'm interested in quite why you needed to link the
> skels - though it is standard practice - especially in libraries to
> include the lot, it should not be necessary - what symbols were you
> missing ?

I guess that you meant stubs, not skels. If so:

We use the stub reference in the _this() method, which you can see in
the generated example code. I checked this here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=a6assu%24cnl%241%40spider.iona.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26group%3Dcomp.object.corba

and I also think this unanswered question is relevant:

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com