Re: problems with orbit-idl-2

Hi Tobias,

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 10:40, Tobias Hunger wrote:
> I just tried to run Orbit over some IDL files. I installed the orbit2
> That should be a fairly recent version or am I wrong there?

	very recent.

> Anyway: I cannot get orbit-idl-2 to compile any of the IDL files.
> (process:8382): ** CRITICAL **: file orbit-idl-genmarshal.c: line 522
> (marshal_populate): assertion `retval' failed
> Segmentation fault

	Ok - lots of badness there. If you can send the files under the [L]GPL
then we can include them in the ORBit2 source as IDL compiler regression
tests - so far we don't have any, but it'd be great to set some up.

> Any ideas on how I can handle this? I tried 10 diffrent files, none got
> compiled by orbit-idl-2, *eight* of them caused a segfault like the one
> given above! All files are valid IDL and work well with TAO and omniorb.

	I'm hoping it's some simple-ish construct that we're handling badly for
some (silly) reason.

> Do you want the IDL-files?

	Yes please,

	Thanks,