Re: ORBit and java IDL

> Jingxian Lin wrote:
>
> Can java IDL client interact with ORBit
> server? It seems that the IOR produced
> by ORBit CORBA object can not used by
> java IDL client.
> Is there any way to use a java IDL client
> to access a ORBit CORBA object ? and how
> can java client use ORBit's naming service?
> thansk advance.

Hi:

I should point out that we have seen some interop
problems between ORBit and Java with versions of
the JDK pre-1.4 and pre 2.0 versions of ORBit.

I believe that bidirectional communications between
the JVM ORB and ORBit2 is working well with ORBit2
and JDK 1.4, and would strongly suggest that you use
those packages if you are doing any serious work.
In particular we found that bidirectional communications
between the Java ORB and ORBit2 didn't work with pre-1.4
Java VMs.

Best regards,

Bill