Re: handling dead clients/servers, suggestions?

Hi Brian,

	Pass a client handle to the server when you create the resource, setup
a listener for "broken" on the connection associated with that client,
and manage your lifecycle with that.

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 18:58, Brian Craft wrote:
> I was looking through the panel code. It appears to detect when clients die,
> but perhaps via X, instead of corba. Anyone know if this is the case?

	Panel2 uses the "broken" signal in ORBit2, the old panel used the X
connection AFAIR.

> It seems odd that corba would require you to trust that clients are properly
> coded, or spew memory like a fire hose. There must (I hope) be some way to make
> robust servers.

	As above,