Re: [orbitcpp-list] Re: cpp branch: CORBA_Object struct hidden?
- From: murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming)
- To: Sam Couter <sam topic com au>
- Cc: orbit-list <orbit-list gnome org>,orbitcpp-list <orbitcpp-list lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: [orbitcpp-list] Re: cpp branch: CORBA_Object struct hidden?
- Date: 22 Feb 2002 11:00:19 +0100
On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 05:12, Sam Couter wrote:
> Murray Cumming <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > What was the advantage of this? I'm increasingly thinking that there's
> > no harm in the them being separate stub instances.
> I wasn't with the ORBit-C++ project at the start, but there are a few
> hints on the web page at http://orbitcpp.sourceforge.net/
> * Little or no runtime overhead compared with C.
'little' is not well-defined here. Also, I tend not to worry about
optimisations until I know where they are useful.
> * Allow C programmers to use C++ objects without having to deal with any
> of that 'horrible C++ syntax'
I see no great advantage to this. C programmers don't seem to be
] [Thread Prev