Re: GEP / C++ bindings ...

Hi Dan,

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 16:49, dank@kegel.com wrote:
> My target users are c++ programmers who want to use only
> stuff that is in widespread use and thoroughly debugged,
> and is compact enough to fit on embedded systems where
> memory is tight.  The only C++ ORB that has a hope of
> meeting those requirements is Orbit, and only if its C++
> bindings are in the mainstream Linux distributions.

	With respect that has precisely no bearing on the technical aspect of
whether we integrate the C++ bindings with ORBit2. Yes, if we want to
add the bindings to the core platform, then it's a different angle
really. Yes, I can see that adding the C++ to the core will help
adoption.

	What I'm looking for are better, technical arguments for doing that.
I'm not in the business of driving adoption, I want the best technical
decision long term, and thus good arguments for it. But I'll post the
proposal as it is now perhaps.